Direct Deposit

Custodial Parents can enroll in, change, or cancel Direct Deposit through the State Disbursement Unit (SDU) website or through the Integrated Voice Response system (IVR).

  • When you sign-up for Direct Deposit, payments will be deposited directly into a checking or savings account within two business days after payments are received by the SDU.
  • Click here to enroll, change or cancel Direct Deposit through the SDU website.  You will need your Social Security Number, Participant ID number, and your contact information, including a valid email address.  If you do not know your Participant ID number, call Customer Connect at 1-866-901-3212, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Pacific time.
  • To enroll through the SDU IVR system, call 1-866-901-3212, and select option 1.
  • You can also download and print the Direct Deposit Enrollment/Authorization form and mail it directly to SDU at:

                                                                    California State Disbursement Unit
                                                                    P.O. Box 989064
                                                                    West Sacramento, CA 95798-9064

For additional information, please visit the SDU website at Custodial Party FAQs.

If you have been denied a bank account due to bad checks, overdrafts or identity theft, policy changes in some banks may now allow you to re-open an account. Check with your local bank for more information.